Cartagena was our first Colombia stop. We have just spent 5 days there exploring the old town and some of the coast with a visit to the National Aviary and Playa Blanca (seperate post to come).
Highlights of our 5 days include:
- A great Air BNB within the old walls which meant we could walk everywhere and come back to our own aircon space to easily refresh
- Quero Arepa restaurant where we ate 4 times - Arepas are thick corn bread we have been served instead of toast and breakfast or split open and filled with meats, beans, cheese etc
- Streets filled with beautiful old buildings and flower filled balconies
- Sunset 🌅 drinks atop the historic town walls at Cafe Del Mar
- Rooftop meal at Henry’s with a view across to San Filipe castle
- Experiencing our first tastes of Colombia food. Restaurante Robert and Restaurante Rebelion Alma & Sabor
- Exploring the Naval Museum
- Parque Centenario where we saw a sloth 🦥 and monkeys
Where Are We?